Friday, December 7, 2007

December already?


I'm ahead of schedule for planning and behind schedule for shooting the Major Arcana. Where's the Tarot at?

We shot the Empress. There's the set over there. The cards themselves are going to be layered images, but I can never decide on the final version. I know I've got months left to play with it before the gallery show, but I think I'll have to spend some more time meditating on each card.

The Empress is kind of like a Creatrix in my mind, a mother figure. The draft I have of this card reflects that. You can see Venus' comb-and-mirror as well as "mater" on the card. But I think it's all too obvious.

Introspection. Reflection. Consideration.

No, not the card silly. Me. My to-do list.

The websites are coming along nicely. Look to Beyond the Images to see Studio B-related projects, news, and galleries. Look to Mae's Eye for proofs and purchasing power. Soon. I'll update the links on the right once I have a working version of both sites underway.

What's up-and-coming as Mae's Eye sees it? More street photography, holiday portraiture and frenzied Yule crafting. Yes, I still have time in the studio before the end of December. Some unbooked time, even. Are you a last-minute shopper? Everyone's getting photos for Christmas this year. Some call me cheap, some call me thoughtful. Regarding gifts, that is.

Next time, tips for approaching people you don't know in order to take their picture (street photography).

No comments: